Charlton and Perivale pounds
The Met has vehicle pounds at Charlton and Perivale, run by police staff and officers.
Please make sure that you bring the correct documents with you otherwise we won't be able to release your vehicle.
You'll find what you need to bring and do on the back of the seizure notice or letter sent to you by the pound.
Follow the link if your vehicle was:
- seized under the Road Traffic Act (you can find the information you need)
- removed for any other reason
- stolen and recovered by the Met
If your vehicle wasn't seized under the Road Traffic Act 1988, and the registered keeper wasn’t driving it, they’ll get a contact phone number in the notice letter.
Before you go to the pound
The pounds are open as normal however additional measures have been taken in response to Coronavirus (Covid-19). Please follow the below directions and any given by MPS personnel when you attend the pound.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times when entering the front counter or caged area.
- Please do not enter the front counter or caged areas until instructed to do so by a member of staff.
- Queue outside the pound and adhere to social distancing while waiting to enter.
- When instructed to enter the front counter by a member of staff, please use the hand sanitiser provided when you enter and exit the building.
- Only the owner will be granted access to the front counter and caged areas. Family members and friends are kindly requested to remain outside.
- Respect social distancing and stay two meters apart from others who are being served in the front counter area.
- We are only accepting card payments to reduce the amount of physical contact.
Phone number for both pounds: 020 7161 0944 (recorded message only).
No public parking or toilets are available on site at either pound.
11.30am to 7.30pm, seven days a week, including public holidays
The gates close to the public at 7.30pm sharp. If you arrive at the pound before closing time, you'll be served.
Our busiest times are midweek from 11.30am to 1pm and after 5pm.
The only access by road is through Bramshott Avenue, via Eastcombe Avenue. There's also a pedestrian underpass from Siebert Road.
Nearest London Underground station: North Greenwich on the Jubilee line
Nearest mainline railway stations: Westcombe Park and Charlton
Nearest bus routes: 53, 54, 108, 202, 286, 380, 386, 422
Travelling by road: leave the A102 at the Woolwich Road exit.
The only access to this pound is through Walmgate Road.
Nearest London Underground station: Perivale station on the Central Line
Nearest mainline railway station: South Greenford
Nearest bus routes: 95, 297
Travelling by road: leave the A40 at the Perivale exit, near the Hoover Building; Walmgate Road is off Aintree Road