If you want to complain about the removal of a vehicle by the police you can do so by writing to:

Metropolitan Police Service
PO Box 65484

This is a mailing address only. Don't come to this office in person; if you do, you won't be seen.

Please note, if you intend to dispute the removal, you must still reclaim the vehicle before the disposal date (we'll dispose of vehicles after 14 days). You must pay any removal and storage charges.

The removal of a vehicle to a police pound is a civil matter, which is separate from the prosecution for any motoring offences. VRES can't respond to any traffic offence queries.

If you've been reported for an offence the police will send you a letter explaining your options and how to appeal.

If your complaint is about a police officer or a member of police staff you can complain online, at the Independent Office for Police Conduct or at any police station. 

Police station finder

Location search controls

Find your nearest police station


Showing results for