If you’re planning an event or procession in London, by law you may need to notify us in advance. Whether it’s a festival, show, party, static demonstration or march, we’ll work with you to make sure it goes smoothly. Answer a few quick questions below to find out if you need to tell us about your event or procession, and the best way to do it.
I'm planning an outdoor event on licensed premises.
Thank you. In this case, you are not obliged to notify the police.
Your borough council's local licensing team should be able to answer any questions you may have about organising your event safely.
However, if you feel there is a genuine risk of serious violent crime at your event, by all means ask us to conduct a risk assessment. Simply click ‘Start’ below to complete our online form.
Average completion time: 30 mins
Please have the following details available if possible:
- The date and time of the event
- Your BIIAB Qualification Number (if applicable)
- Premises address, maximum capacity and contact number
- Designated premises supervisor's name and contact number
- Approximate number of attendees
- Artists' and performers' names, addresses, dates of birth and aliases
- Security company name, contact details and staff numbers
- Security company contact's name, registration number and contact details
Once we’ve received your completed form, we’ll work with you to identify any areas of concern and create a Risk Management Plan. This will minimise the risk of serious violent crime taking place at your event.
Please note, in order to conduct a thorough risk assessment, we must receive your completed form at least 14 days before your event is due to take place.