Find out below how to request information the police hold on you.

You can also request details of your criminal history, whether it’s for Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks, visa applications or family court proceedings. If we can’t provide the information you need, we’ll point you to somewhere that can. 

Information notice

The public’s right of access is important to us - but there has been a significant rise in the number of requests we are receiving and although we have increased the number of people dealing with requests there remains a large backlog. This may prevent your request being dealt with within the statutory time limits, especially if it contains a lot of material or needs information from a variety of sources.

All new requests are triaged and if your request is a straightforward matter e.g. a single crime report, then it will be processed swiftly. If you are considering submitting a new right of access application, please consider whether there is an alternate route. For instance, if you require a copy of a stop slip or a copy of your custody record you can attend any Met police station to request this (within 30-calendar days for the stop slip and 12-months for the custody record).

Advice tool

I'd like to request domestic violence offender data (Clare's Law)

Thank you. To make a request as part of the Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme (Clare’s Law), you can either visit your nearest police station or make an application online.

To apply at a police station

A police officer or member of police staff will take the details of what prompted your enquiry and talk you through the next steps.

A safe means of contacting you will be established and we'll carry out some initial checks to make sure there are no immediate concerns; if there are, or if you tell us a crime has taken place, we may act on them.

You'll need to give your:

  • name
  • address 
  • date of birth

To apply online

Click 'Start' below to begin your application. 

You'll need:

  • your name, address, date of birth
  • as much information about the person you're applying to find out about as possible, eg their full name, address, date of birth



Police station finder

Location search controls

Find your nearest police station


Showing results for