Report a road traffic incident
If you’ve been involved in a road traffic collision, or think you might have witnessed an offence on the roads, find out how to report it using our simple online tool. Just answer the quick questions below to make sure we give you the right advice and gather all of the relevant details.
Report a traffic offence that led to the collision
Thank you. If you've exchanged details with the people involved in the collision, you don't need to tell the police. See the Road Traffic Act 1988, Section 170 for further details.
However, if you believe an offence has been committed that led to the accident you can report it by either:
- completing the form below
- going to your local police station
- telling a police constable
Click ‘Start’ below to complete our simple online form. Please provide as many details as you can about the incident. We’ll try to fill in the gaps wherever possible.
Average completion time: 20 minutes
Please have the following details available, if possible:
- date and time of the collision
- registration and make of your vehicle
- registration and make of any other vehicles involved
- contact details of the other person, or people, involved in the collision
- contact details of any witnesses to the collision
- evidence of the offence taking place