Report a road traffic incident
If you’ve been involved in a road traffic collision, or think you might have witnessed an offence on the roads, find out how to report it using our simple online tool. Just answer the quick questions below to make sure we give you the right advice and gather all of the relevant details.
Report a collision in which no one was injured, but details were not exchanged
Thank you. If you were involved in a collision as a driver or rider you must personally report the incident to police as soon as reasonably possible and, in any case, within 24 hours of the collision. No one else can do this for you.
See the Road Traffic Act 1988, Section 170 for further details.
You can report it by either:
- completing the form below
- going to your local police station
- telling a police constable
Click ‘Start’ below to complete our simple online form. Please provide as many details as you can about the incident.
Average completion time: 20 minutes
Please have the following details ready, if possible:
- date and time of the collision
- registration and make of your vehicle
- registration and make of any other vehicles involved
- contact details of the other person, or people, involved in the collision
- contact details of any witnesses to the collision