Antisocial behaviour can have a lasting impact on neighbourhoods and communities as it often leads to an increase in crime, particularly violence and criminal damage. If you’ve witnessed antisocial behaviour of any kind, find out how to report it below using our quick and simple online tool.

Is it an emergency?

Does it feel like the situation could get heated or violent very soon? Is someone in immediate danger? Do you need support right away? If so, please call 999 now.

Advice tool

Report problems with the way a vehicle is parked

If a parking space is available on an unrestricted public road, even if it’s directly outside your house, anyone is allowed to park in it. The space does not belong to the property.

However, if someone has parked in your designated parking space without your permission, there are a few steps you can take.

If you lease a property with a parking space, please contact whoever is responsible for your building, such as the freeholder, council or managing agent. They can help you resolve the issue.

In all cases, our first advice is to try to resolve the issue peacefully yourself. Try to speak to the driver as they may not be aware of the problem. If you can’t find them, leave a polite note on their windscreen.

If this doesn’t work, please contact your local council as this matter doesn’t need the police. They'll attempt to trace the owner and can arrange for the vehicle to be removed, if necessary.

Parking on or obstructing your driveway

If someone parks their vehicle on your driveway without your permission, this is trespassing, or if a vehicle is blocking the entrance and stopping you from driving onto your driveway this is not a police matter.

You can report this to your local council but we'd always recommend having a polite word with the driver first. There may have been a misunderstanding.

If a vehicle is blocking the entrance to your driveway and stopping you from moving your car out of your driveway, please contact us.