Find out below how to make a subject access request for information the Met holds on you. You can also request details on your criminal history, whether it’s for Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks, visa applications or family court proceedings. If we can’t provide the information you need directly, we’ll point you to somewhere that can. Complete the sentence below to begin.

Advice tool

Request information about myself, other than my criminal conviction history, for my own personal interest.

Thank you. A subject access request is the official way to request personal information about you that we hold on Met police databases, such as crime reports.


Step 1: Download the 3019 subject access request form.


Step 2: Print and complete the 3019 form.

You will also need photocopies or printed scans of:

  • one document proving your residential address, such as a utility bill
  • two documents proving your ID - one of which must be your passport, driving licence or identity card


Step 3: Once complete, please post the 3019 form and ID documents to:

MPS Information Rights Unit
PO Box 57192


Step 4: We'll investigate and respond.

In accordance with Section 7 of the Data Protection Act, 1998, once you have submitted your request we will respond within 40 days.


Please note, it is against the law for an employer, or potential employer, to ask you to perform a subject access request as part of a vetting process.