Find out below how to make a subject access request for information the Met holds on you. You can also request details on your criminal history, whether it’s for Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks, visa applications or family court proceedings. If we can’t provide the information you need directly, we’ll point you to somewhere that can. Complete the sentence below to begin.

Advice tool

I would like to request information about myself for visa or emigration purposes.

Thank you. In this case, please visit the Association of Chief Police Officers Criminal Records Office (ACRO) website.

The ACRO issues police certificates for emigration, visas or residency abroad. You can apply via the website above.