Find out below how to make a subject access request for information the Met holds on you. You can also request details on your criminal history, whether it’s for Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks, visa applications or family court proceedings. If we can’t provide the information you need directly, we’ll point you to somewhere that can. Complete the sentence below to begin.

Advice tool

I'd like to request information about myself for an employer.

Thank you. In this case, please visit the Disclosure Scotland website

Your criminal conviction history is held on a national police database which Disclosure Scotland can access. They can disclose key information to an employer, or potential employer, on your behalf.