Find out below how to make a subject access request for information the Met holds on you. You can also request details on your criminal history, whether it’s for Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks, visa applications or family court proceedings. If we can’t provide the information you need directly, we’ll point you to somewhere that can. Complete the sentence below to begin.

Advice tool

I'd like to request disclosures for family court proceedings on behalf of my client/local authority

Thank you. In this case, please send us a completed 'London Request Form (LRF) for solicitors and local authority representatives'. Simply follow the steps below.


Step 1: Download the LRF for solicitors and local authority representatives and our LRF Guidance Notes.


Step 2: Complete the electronic form


Step 3: Email the electronic form to


Step 4: We will look into your request and respond in due course.

For further details please refer to the LRF form and the LRF guidance notes.