Find out below how to make a subject access request for information the Met holds on you. You can also request details on your criminal history, whether it’s for Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks, visa applications or family court proceedings. If we can’t provide the information you need directly, we’ll point you to somewhere that can. Complete the sentence below to begin.

Advice tool

I'd like to request a DBS check for an employer

Thank you. If your work, either as a paid employee or as a volunteer, will bring you into contact with children or vulnerable adults you may be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. If this is the case, visit the DBS website to find out more.