If you’ve been involved in a road traffic collision, or think you might have witnessed an offence on the roads, find out how to report it using our simple online tool. Just answer the quick questions below to make sure we give you the right advice and gather all of the relevant details.

Is it an emergency?

If a crime is happening now or someone is in immediate danger, call 999

Advice tool

Record a collision for insurance purposes

If you have exchanged details with the people involved in the collision, including anyone whose property has been damaged, and if no one has been injured, you are not obliged to notify the police. Road Traffic Act 1988, Section 170.

However, if you would like to record the incident for insurance purposes, please complete the following form, at the end of which you will be given a unique reference number.

Average completion time: five minutes

Please have the following details available if possible:

  • The registration and make of your vehicle
  • The registration and make of any other vehicles involved