If you have lost or found property in a public place in Greater London, we may be able to help. Answer the questions below to find the best course of action.

Advice tool

The item I lost in a public place has a serial number.

For mobile phones, MP3 players, computers or any equipment with a serial number, report the loss and print a certificate for free via www.immobilise.com.

For bicycles, please report the loss at www.bikeregister.com. Reports are searchable by police forces and insurance companies nationwide.