If you have lost or found property in a public place in Greater London, we may be able to help. Answer the questions below to find the best course of action.

Advice tool

The item I lost in a public place has my name on it or can be directly identified to me.

You don’t need to report this loss to the police. If it is handed in we’ll do everything we can to contact you.

For UK passports or driving licences, report the loss to the Passport Office or DVLA.

For foreign passports, ID cards and driving licences, report the loss directly to your embassy or high commission.

For bank cards or other official documents, such as birth certificates and bank statements, report the loss to the issuing authority.