Vision and values
The capital is changing and we must change with it. We want to be a Met that looks and feels like London. And we want all of our communities to value our work and the difference it makes.
There are tough budget and crime cutting targets to meet too – in an increasingly complex, connected world that's full of new risks and threats. Here, you’ll find the challenges we face.
Our mission and vision – what we want to achieve
Our mission is to keep London safe for everyone. To do so we will:
1. Focus on what matters most to Londoners.
2. Work more closely with partners and the public.
3. Achieve the best outcomes in the pursuit of justice and in the support of victims.
In support of this mission, we want to lead 21st century policing and:
4. Seize the opportunities of data and digital tech.
5. Care for each other, work as a team and be an attractive place to work.
6. Learn from experience, from others, and constantly strive to improve.
7. Be recognised as a responsible, exemplary and ethical organisation.
Ultimately, our vision for the Met is to be the most trusted police service in the world.
We contribute to making London the safest global city, we protect its unique reputation as an open and welcoming city, and we want Londoners to be proud of their police.
Our values, standards and behaviours
Our shared values reflect the special nature and demands of policing London. They are important to us because they shape and guide the way we work.
Our standards of behaviour translate these values into practice, underpinned by the code of ethics followed by every police force in England and Wales.