Information on the Gang Matrix
Freedom of information request reference no: 01.FOI.19.001035
I note you seek access to the following information:
I would like to request a list of all the individuals on the Gangs Matrix. For each entry I would like the following information:
- the age of the individual
- their rating denoting perceived risk of violence (green, amber, red)
- the race of individual (black, white, mixed, Asian etc)
- Has the individual been convicted of an offence?
- Has the individual been convicted of a violent offence?
- Data can be provided from January 2015 to February 2019, which includes Ethnicity and age.
- We can provide data on an annual basis, but not on a quarterly basis as this will exceed the cost limit.
- We cannot provide data prior to 2015.
- We cannot provide data on ‘risk of violence’ as this is currently under review.
- We cannot provide data on previous convictions as this will also exceed the cost limit due to the number of records held.
I have today decided to disclose the located information to you in full.
Please find below information pursuant to your request above.
Q1 & 2 - Please see data below:
|Age||Gang Matrix Feb-19|
|Ethnicity||Jan 15||Jan 16||Jan 17||Jan 18||Jan 19||Feb 19|
I have included the following links to information which is already in the public domain, which you may also find useful:
Q:3 - As explained above, we can only provide data from 2015.
Q:4 - Please see data below:
|RAG status||Jan 15||Jan 16||Jan 17||Jan 18||Jan 19||Feb 19|
Q:5 - As advised previously, we are unable to provide this information as it will exceed the cost limit.