Quickly exit this site by pressing the Escape key Leave this site
This site is a beta, which means it's a work in progress and we'll be adding more to it over the next few weeks. Your feedback helps us make things better, so please let us know what you think.
Freedom of information request reference no: 01.FOI.22.022674
I note you seek access to the following information:
I’m about to start a research project about tool and van theft and I was hoping you’d be able to help me out?
I’d like to issue a Freedom of Information request for the following data:
1) Total number of vans stolen in 2020
2) Total number of vans stolen in 2021
• Vehicle type: van, light van, panel van, car derived van
• Please include these crime types, or similar – basically any offence where vans have been stolen (including Home Office Offence Classification Index codes):
- 48 - Theft or unauthorised taking of motor vehicle
- 37/2 - Aggravated vehicle taking
3) Total number of offences involving tool theft in 2020 and the total value of the items stolen
4) Total number of offences involving tool theft in 2021 and the total value of the items stolen
• Item stolen (or similar): Tools power, tools sundry, tools hand
• Please include these crime types, or similar – basically any offence where tools are stolen (including Home Office Offence Classification Index codes):
- 28E - Burglary – Residential
- 28G - Distraction burglary – Residential
- 29A - Aggravated burglary in a dwelling
- 30C - Burglary - Business and Community
- 31A - Aggravated burglary - Business and Community
- 34A - Robbery of business property
- 34B - Robbery of personal property
- 39 - Theft from the person
- 40 - Theft in a dwelling other than from an automatic machine or meter
- 45 - Theft from vehicle
- 49 - Other theft
Number of vans stolen Offences involving tool theft
I have today decided to disclose the located information to you in full.
Please find below information pursuant to your request above.