These pages are in beta, which means they're new and we may still be working on them. Your feedback helps us make things better.
Marine Watch is a registration scheme run by the Met's Marine Policing Unit.
Like a Neighbourhood Watch scheme for London’s canals and rivers, Marine Watch works by helping maritime communities, and those living alongside them, to:
- work in partnership with enforcement agencies to share information
- report suspicious activity
- reduce crime and antisocial behaviour
To support Marine Watch groups all around London, we work closely with:
This lets us tackle local problems and share the latest news and crime prevention advice. By looking out for one another, we keep London’s waterways safe.
For updates on the Marine Unit's activity, follow us on Twitter.
If you live, work, or own a boat on the Thames or one of London’s many canals and rivers, click the button below to register for free with a Marine Watch group near you.
You can sign-up either as an individual or as part of a group.
As a member of Marine Watch, you’ll receive:
- email updates
- a dedicated email address
- the latest crime prevention advice
- property marking tutorials
- registration with immobilise.com
- a Marine Watch window sticker and key fob