Find out below how to apply for or renew a firearm, shotgun or explosives certificate. Whether you’re a firearm owner, firearm dealer, shooting club member or planning to travel with firearms, answer a few quick questions and we’ll guide you to the right form and everything you need to complete it.

Advice tool

Transfer ownership or dispose of a firearm

What do I need to do?

Please complete the Notification of Transfer or Disposal of a Firearm or Shotgun form (form 11).

Send it to, or print it and post it to:

Metropolitan Police Firearms Enquiry Team (FET)
Empress State Building
21st Floor
Lillie Road

How much does it cost?

It's free.

What happens next?

Unless we need to ask you about any details in your form we won't need to contact you in order to process your notification, so please keep a copy of your email or paperwork (and proof of postage) for your records.