Find out below how to apply for or renew a firearm, shotgun or explosives certificate for the Greater London area. Whether you’re a firearm owner, firearm dealer, shooting club member or planning to travel with firearms, answer a few quick questions and we’ll guide you to the right form and everything you need to complete it.

Advice tool

Transfer ownership or dispose of a firearm.

Thank you. In this case, please complete our Notification Of Transfer Or Disposal Of A Firearm Or Shotgun form (Form 11).


Once complete, scan and send it to, or post it to:

Metropolitan Police Firearms Enquiry Team (FET)
The Empress State Building
8th Floor, Lillie Road,


Unless we need to clarify any details we usually won't reply to notices of this type, so please keep a copy of your email or paperwork, and proof of postage, for your records.