Find out below how to apply for or renew a firearm, shotgun or explosives certificate for the Greater London area. Whether you’re a firearm owner, firearm dealer, shooting club member or planning to travel with firearms, answer a few quick questions and we’ll guide you to the right form and everything you need to complete it.

Advice tool

Apply for a certificate to acquire more than 2000kg of explosives.

Thank you. For explosives in this quantity, please apply for a certificate directly from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) website.