How to register
Where you register is determined by where you live as opposed to where you work or study. If you live London and have been required to register with the police (an essential part of many Foreign Nationals’ visa conditions), please use our secure online registration portal.
If you are using the online portal for the first time:
- You must select 'create an account' first.
- You will be required to validate your account within one hour for which you will receive an email.
- You can only set up one account per person per email address.
- You will need to upload a UK passport sized photograph (45mm high x 35mm wide)
- The registration process is fully completed once you have attended your appointment and have been issued with your Police Registration Certificate (PRC).
Booking an appointment
Once you have uploaded your photo you will be able to book an appointment. Choose the earliest available appointment and don't worry if it is beyond the seven days of your entry or visa grant. There are a number of counters to book against, however this does not necessarily mean that you will be registered at the counter you have selected. OVRO staff will assist you during your visit.
You will receive a booking confirmation e-mail. Please keep this e-mail safe as you will need it when you attend or need to reschedule your appointment.
Please check what to bring with you
When your details change
You must report the following changes within seven days of the change by accessing your online account and following the instructions.
You must report any of the following changes within seven days:
- change of address
- change of college/university/course
- change of occupation
- change in marital status
- new landing conditions (re-entry visa)
- new visa details (leave to remain visa)
- new passport details
When you transfer to London
If you are already registered but have moved to another police force area
If you're moving to London for the first time after having registered with another police force in the UK, you now need to register with us
A new online account will need to be created by accessing OVRO London’s webpage. The ’Transfer’ link (not ‘New Registration’) should be selected. An appointment should then be made to attend OVRO and complete the process.
If you go to live in another area in the UK, you must contact the police there or use their website to obtain details on how to register.
Please make sure you arrive no earlier than five minutes before your appointment time. If you're late, you may not be accepted and will be required to book another appointment.