Coronavirus rules in Wales
Coronavirus firebreak (23 October - 9 November)
During the firebreak, which runs from 6pm on Friday 23 October until Monday 9 November, the following rules will apply:
- people must stay at home, except for very limited purposes, such as for exercise
- people must work from home wherever possible
- people must not visit other households or meet other people they do not live with either indoors or outdoors
- no gatherings will be allowed outdoors
- all non-food retail, hospitality businesses, close contact services and events and tourism businesses, such as hotels must close
- community centres, libraries and recycling centres will be required to close
You can join your household together with up to four other households to form an extended household. An extended household is treated as one household for the purposes of all the other rules. Once you have chosen your extended household, you cannot change it.
You can meet in a group of up to 30 people outdoors. There is no limit on the number of households in the group.
A maximum of six people from an extended household are able to meet indoors at any one time. Children under 11 will not be counted in the six.
Shops are now allowed to open. Shops must make sure customers stay two metres apart from people who aren’t from their household.
Cafes, restaurants and pubs can open until 10pm.
Many businesses in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are now allowed to open providing they are taking the necessary steps to be Covid-19 secure.
You must wear a face covering on public transport, in public shops and other public indoor spaces if you are over the age of 11. Some exemptions apply, including for those who cannot wear face coverings for health or medical reasons.
Reporting a violation of the rules
Please make sure you understand what is and is not allowed before you get in touch with us. We particularly want you to tell us about large gatherings of people obviously from many different households (remembering that two extended households could form quite a large group).