If you want to complain about the removal of a vehicle by the police you can do so by writing to:

ILP Team
Vehicle Recovery and Examination Services (VRES)
8th Floor East
Empress State Building
Empress Approach
Lillie Road
Earls Court

This is a mailing address only. Do not come to this office in person, if you do, you will not be seen.


Please note:  if you intend to dispute the removal the vehicle must still be reclaimed before the disposal date. The removal and storage charges (where applicable) must be paid.

The removal of a vehicle to a police pound is a civil matter, which is separate from the prosecution for any motoring offences. VRES cannot respond to any queries regarding traffic offences. If you have been reported for an offence you will receive a letter in due course from the Met explaining your options and how to appeal.

If your complaint is about a police officer or a member of police staff you can complain online here or at any police station:

Police station finder

Location search controls

Find your nearest police station


Showing results for