It is important that you report changes in circumstance to the Overseas Visitors Registration Office (OVRO) within seven or eight days, depending on the change.

Find out below which changes should be reported, how soon to report them, and who to report them to. Some changes in your circumstances can only be reported at your local police station, but in most cases you will need to visit the OVRO.

Advice tool

I’m returning to the UK after more than 12 months abroard.

Thank you. If you’ve been away from the UK for more than 12 months and need to register again, you’ll need to visit the OVRO within seven days of your re-entry to the UK as a new PRC will need to be issued. 

Please note, a registration fee of £34 applies. This is payable in sterling cash or by card.

Please make sure you bring all of the following documents with you:

  • Your completed Registration Pro Forma (PDF 954KB)
  • One UK passport-sized colour photo (45mm x 35mm), glued to the Pro Forma
  • Your passport containing your visa vignette
  • Your Biometric Residence Permit
  • Your Home Office letter approving your application for leave