It is important that you report changes in circumstance to the Overseas Visitors Registration Office (OVRO) within seven or eight days, depending on the change.

Find out below which changes should be reported, how soon to report them, and who to report them to. Some changes in your circumstances can only be reported at your local police station, but in most cases you will need to visit the OVRO.

Advice tool

I would like to report my PRC as lost, stolen or damaged.

Thank you. You will need to obtain a new PRC from the OVRO as soon as you discover that your PRC is lost, has been stolen or damaged.

Please note, there is £34 registration fee applied. This is payable in cash sterling or card.

Please make sure you bring the following documents:

  • Your completed Registration Pro Forma (PDF 954KB)
  • One UK passport-sized photo (45mm x 35mm), glued to the Pro Forma
  • Your passport containing your visa vignette, and any new passport you may have been issued since you last registered
  • Your Biometric Residence Permit
  • Your Home Office letter approving your application for leave