It is important that you report changes in circumstance to the Overseas Visitors Registration Office (OVRO) within seven or eight days, depending on the change.

Find out below which changes should be reported, how soon to report them, and who to report them to. Some changes in your circumstances can only be reported at your local police station, but in most cases you will need to visit the OVRO.

Advice tool

I would like to report a change to my residential address.

Thank you. You are required to report this change to any police station within seven days of the change. We will make this change free of charge.

Please make sure you take your Police Registration Certificate (PRC).

A proof of address is not required. However, if you have one, such as a tenancy agreement, it will be helpful if you can take it along. 

If you are moving into London for the first time after having registered with another police force in the UK, you will need to attend the OVRO with the following:

  • Your completed Registration Pro Forma (PDF 954KB)
  • One UK passport-sized colour photo (45mm x 35mm), glued to the Pro Forma
  • Your passport containing your visa vignette and any new passport you may have been issued since you last registered
  • Your Biometric Residence Permit

This is so that we can register your details onto our London database. All future changes of address within the London area must be reported to your local police station.

Police station finder

Location search controls

Please enter a postcode, address or area to find your closest or local police station


Showing results for