It is important that you report changes in circumstance to the Overseas Visitors Registration Office (OVRO) within seven or eight days, depending on the change.

Find out below which changes should be reported, how soon to report them, and who to report them to. Some changes in your circumstances can only be reported at your local police station, but in most cases you will need to visit the OVRO.

Advice tool

I would like to report a change to my occupation.

Thank you. You are required to report this change to any police station within eight days of the change. We will make this change free of charge.

Please make sure you take your Police Registration Certificate (PRC) to the police station.

A proof of address is not required. However, if you have one, such as a new contract, it will be helpful if you can take it along.

If your change of occupation also includes a change of work address, please also update this information during your visit.

Police station finder

Location search controls

Please enter a postcode, address or area to find your closest or local police station


Showing results for