At the Met we are committed to communicating and engaging with Londoners and listening to your ideas and opinions. You can keep up to date with what we are doing through our social media channels.
Crime should not be reported through our social media channels. In the event of an emergency always dial 999.
We have a number of different Twitter channels with updates about different areas of the MPS. We are in the process of getting each one of our 32 boroughs on Twitter. Follow your local borough to receive updates about policing and MPS priorities.
- General MPS Twitter policy
- MPS Football Twitter policy
- @MetPolice Our main Twitter account with tweets relating to news, appeals and general Met information.
- @MetPoliceEvents The Met major event and public order Twitter account. Tweets are only sent out during pre planned public order events.
- @Mpsinthesky The Air Support Unit’s (ASU) Twitter account keeping Londoners in touch with the ASU's flight activities and most importantly explains why we are flying in your area.
- @Mpsonthestreet Every few weeks an officer tweets for a day giving a personal insight into the life of a MPS Officer.
- Local borough police websites
On our Flickr page you will find pictures ranging from photographs of suspects that we want your help to identify; to images of stolen property that we are trying to reunite with its rightful owners.
LinkedIn groups have been set up to create a forum where Met Police can liaise with professional networks, industry contacts and trade associations.