The Visa Fingerprint Section will take fingerprints of members of the public who are currently residing in the UK, where they require Police Clearance and Good Conduct certificates from abroad.
We also provide fingerprints:
- To obtain the Security Industry Authority (SIA) Licence to work within the security industry.
- For non-UK citizens to work with children in the United Kingdom.
- Foreign professional exams (i.e N-PLEX - nursing).
- Working in the UK for countries that trade overseas .
- For customers undergoing adoption procedures abroad, particularly in the USA.
- For customers wishing to conduct business in or within the USA in various jobs or professions.
- For people who own racehorses that will be trained in the USA.
- For part of an evidence kit for people working in countries with unstable regimes.
What the Fingerprint Service does not provide
The Visa Fingerprint Section do not provide fingerprints for the following:
- Any criminal proceedings.
- Passport validation.
- For Police Clearance in the UK.
- Character Enquiries / Identity Checks.
To book an appointment for your fingerprints to be taken, you need to contact the Visa Fingerprint Office on tel: 020 7230 2099 between the hours of 8:30am - 12:30pm and 1:30pm - 3:00pm Monday to Friday. The appointments line is closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
Customers are required to make a payment for this service:
£70.50 per person for the 1st set of fingerprints
£105.70 for 2 sets of fingerprints
£140.90 for 3 sets of fingerprints
£176.10 for 4 sets of fingerprints
Payment can be made by cash only.
Documents required by the customer should be the following:
- Current passport or
- Full new style UK Driving Licence with photograph and counterpart form D740.
If your passport is being held by the Home Office, a letter and a photocopy of your passport is acceptable providing that it has been officially stamped. A covering letter on its own is not acceptable. You may also request for your passport to be released from the Home Office for 24 hours to enable your fingerprints to be taken.
Our address is New Scotland Yard, 10 Broadway, London, SW1H 0BG (just off Victoria Street).
The nearest mainline train is Victoria and the nearest underground tube station is St James’s Park on the District & Circle lines. Take the Broadway Exit and enter New Scotland Yard via Visitors Entrance (near the revolving sign). Bus routes 11, 24, 148 and 211 stop in Victoria Street.
If you need to cancel your appointment, please contact the cancellation line on 020 7230 2128 as soon as possible. If you are phoning to cancel out of office hours, please leave a message on the answer phone. Please give us as much notice as possible. A non arrival fee will be incurred if we are not informed.
People working in the security industry, who have taken the SIA Course, will require their fingerprints to be taken in order to obtain their licence. Please see above for further information on how to make a booking.
You are required to bring along the following documents:
- SIA Certificate or proof of completion of course
- Current passport
Plus one of the following if applicable:
- A covering letter from your employer, or if self employed, proof of business ownership
- Security Work ID Pass with photograph
The Visa Fingerprint Section normally provides the fingerprint forms, but with several countries such as USA, Canada and Japan require their own specific fingerprint forms, this may be more than one form, please bring them along with you.
In relation to Iranian clearance, please note photographs of females require the head but not the face of the subject to be covered, and the subject must not be smiling. Any deviation will be rejected by the Iranian authorities.