Roadsafe London is an information and Intelligence gathering tool. It is the Metropolitan Police response to requests to provide a means for members of the public to advise us about criminal, nuisance and anti-social behaviour on the roads of London. It is part of the Road Crime Intelligence Unit and staffed by experienced traffic officers.
We want to know about people who; -
- Drive under the influence of drink or drugs
- Drive with no insurance
- Drive without a licence or whilst disqualified from driving
- Use an un-roadworthy vehicle
We also want to know about:-
- Locations where there is a problem with anti-social driving e.g. vehicles racing on public roads.
A simple to use form available here RoadsafeLondon form will allow you to report your concerns directly to us. Please provide as much information as possible. Please make the information as specific as possible, particularly around regard to days, times and locations. Your information will be used to improve the Intelligence picture about individuals and/or locations. It may assist us to effectively resolve the issue that you have raised.
Roadsafe London is not :-
- A replacement for 999 and is not designed for an emergency response. Should you wish to report an incident that requires an immediate police response then please call 999.
- A means of reporting crime for further investigation. Please attend your nearest police station.
- A means of reporting collisions. This must be done on official documentation available here on the Collision forms and reports section of the site.
- A means of reporting bad driving with a view to prosecution, please attend your nearest police station to do so. You must be prepared to make a statement and attend court and give evidence.
- A means to report an abandoned vehicle, or if you have any issues with local parking, these concerns should be directed to your local council, details can be found here Direct Gov's Council A-Z
- A means to report a vehicle without a current tax disc. This should be done by way of a call to the DVLA on 0800 032 5202 or you can report this online
You may remain anonymous if you wish but if you do provide contact details we will acknowledge your information and reserve the right to contact you if we feel you may be able to provide further information or clarification. In any event your details will not be provided to anyone else.
Occasionally, people refer us to video footage in the public domain e.g. YouTube or similar sites. In the course of dealing with your information we may direct others to any material that has been openly posted, to raise road user awareness and to promote safety. Thank you for visiting the RoadsafeLondon website.