Aims of Project Griffin
Project Griffin’s aim is to engage, encourage and enable members of the community to work in partnership with the police to deter, detect and counter terrorist activity and crime.
Project Griffin seeks to enlist the help and support of individuals or groups interested in maintaining the safety and security of buildings, businesses, areas or neighbourhoods.
It provides an official and direct channel through which the police can share and update vital information relating to security and crime prevention.
Project Griffin aims to:
- Raise awareness of current terrorism issues.
- Give people confidence to report suspicious activity to the police.
- Share and gather information.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Seek ways to combat terrorism and crime.
- Maintain public trust and confidence in the police and other authorities.