The material on this page is for media organisations only. Please do not publish links to this page.
This page was last updated on
Today, Friday, 20 March, at the Old Bailey, six people have been found not guilty.
Those acquitted are:
- John Kay [Elveden 16] 71ys [28.10.43] a journalist of Asmuns Hill, London
- Fergus Shanahan [Elveden 10] 60ys [26.1.55] a journalist of Dunmow, Essex.
- Geoff Webster [Elveden 17] 55ys [10.7.59] a journalist of Winchet Hill, Goudhurst, Cranbrook, Kent.
- Duncan Larcombe [Elveden 24] 39ys [12.6.75] a journalist of Aylesford, Kent.
- John Hardy [Elveden 25] 45ys [10.2.70] a retired soldier of Accrington, Lancs.
- Claire Hardy [Elveden 26] 41ys [20.6.73] the wife of John Hardy.
The charges against them were as per the indictment below:
Count 1: Kay, Shanahan and Webster, not guilty of conspiracy together and with others to commit misconduct in public office.
Count 2: Webster, not guilty of conspiring with a public officer to commit misconduct in public office.
Count 3: John Hardy, not guilty of wilful misconduct.
Claire Hardy, not guilty of aid abet counsel and procure commission of the said offence.
Larcombe, not guilty of aid abet counsel and procure commission of the said offence.