MPS Publication Scheme
About the information classes
This Publication Scheme aims to make as much of our information as possible readily accessible to the public, on a continuous basis. We are committed to releasing more material in the future.
The Metropolitan Police Service will make available information within the information classes described below. Information falling into the classes will be retained in accordance with our Disposal Schedule that complies with guidance issued by The National Archive.
The Metropolitan Police Service has adopted a model Scheme developed nationally for the police service in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The type of information provided through this Scheme by the Metropolitan Police Service will be similar to that available from other police services.
Under each Class can be found:
- A brief description of the information available within the class
- Whether the class contains chargeable information (indicated by "£")
Under each publication listed in the Publications List can be found:
- The format in which the information is made available
- "Notes" containing any relevant additional information
We will publish material under the following Information Classes:
- Who we are and what we do
- What we spend and how we spend it
- What our priorities are and how we are doing
- How we make decisions
- Our policies and procedures
- Lists and registers
- The services we offer
- Other information